Friday, June 15, 2018

Unfortunately

- Michael Rigby

Many of us know the word, �unfortunately�. It�s a word that tends to mean rejection. For example, when applying for that job, we wait days/weeks for a reply from the company we think we would like to work for and the unaccountable amount of times majority of applicants who will or have received the word �unfortunately� can have a major impact on someone�s own belief within themselves.

Meaning, when receiving that rejection email/letter can sometimes make you feel like you�re not good enough. I can say that it had an effect on myself, I�ve applied for that opportunity which I feel would be a perfect fit for me. However, I wasn�t picked. Yes, I became very depressed etc.. because I wasn�t given the opportunity. For a while, I wondered what I had to be doing so I could be picked next time.

Despite, all of that. I�ve realised that I shouldn�t wait for those people to pick me. We have the time to work on ourselves and improve our abilities which would make those companies want to pick us. 

The word, �unfortunately�. It�s not a meaning of failure. It means we all have the chance to make ourselves stronger and smarter. I�ve experienced rejection, I did get depressed about it but it�s made me stronger. I now know what I actually want to pursue in life because of those set-backs. 

Therefore, never let yourself get depressed about not being chosen. Use the opportunity to build something for yourself. Whatever, it may be. Doesn�t matter who you are, we have the chance in our hands already. Take that risk.

That opportunity that, �unfortunately� you weren�t accepted for could actually be a blessing in disguise. 

Keep going and never give up.

Hi, I'm Michael Rigby and I study Sports Business and Broadcasting at UCFB Wembley. I have experienced mental illness, including depression and social anxiety since the age of 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment