Thursday, January 11, 2018

Time to Rebuild

Michael writes about how a fresh start to the year can help you to focus on your goals.

Michael Rigby

The new year has arrived. Many people will be saying that old quote; �new year, new me�. I wonder how many times we�ve stated that. I�ve been saying the same words for the past few years now actually- I even said it again this year for 2018. Will I be successful this time? I guess I�ll find out in twelve months.

At this moment, I feel a difference. I�ve started the year by signing up for challenges such as treks for charity; I haven�t done anything like that for two years, and even then I�d already lost the love for physical challenges. But this year, as soon as the clock struck midnight and 2018 had arrived, I started rebuilding once again.

I�ve been attempting to rebuild since 2016. I can�t tell you the number of times I�ve fallen back down and failed the attempt, each time knowing I will have to pick myself up again. However, this time I feel the hunger. Sometimes in life, you have to get knocked down further than you might want. Everyone has a limit, and I�ve finally found mine. I had enough of fighting with my mind each day- 2018 has to be the year I rebuild. The pieces will never go back into the same spot because my life has changed; I must re-invent myself, and that�s a challenge I�m happy to take on. I get to be the CEO of my own life and decide how I want to live it.

Therefore, I advise anyone who reads my posts; it is a new year and it can be a new you. You just have to make it happen. Whatever the situation you�re in, it can and will get better- don�t let anything negative define your future.

If anyone wants to view my instagram blog based on Mental Health, then follow @walkingtallclub. If you�re wondering what it�s all about, go and check it out.


Hi, I'm Michael Rigby and I study Sports Business and Broadcasting at UCFB Wembley. I have experienced mental illness, including depression and social anxiety since the age of 14.


No comments:

Post a Comment